Cummings & Lockwood venture capital attorneys have significant experience on both sides of the venture capital process. Our knowledge and experience in this area results in valuable counsel to venture capital funds as well as those entities receiving venture capital investment.
Our legal advice to venture capital funds includes engagements related to:
- Raising capital
- Structuring and handling fund agreements with investors
- Negotiating and documenting majority and minority investments
- Managing the investment exit process
For entities receiving venture capital investment, we offer counsel on:
- Investment structures
- Securities laws
- Taxation issues
- Negotiation and documentation of securities purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, restated charters, management stock option agreements and employment agreements
- Due diligence related to compliance with the terms and conditions of investment documents
Cummings & Lockwood - The Choice for sophisticated legal counsel.